Manifolds Are Dead, Long Live Manifolds



:: Manifolds – Testy + Turbin Warfare ::

I saw these guys at Spaceland, opening for U.S. Maple a little over a year ago, and I was so impressed (and engorged with Red Hook) that I stumbled over to the merch table and worked out one of my favorite things, the package deal. This split 7” with The Days End was in the haul. Sadly, whatever sum I ended up paying evidently wasn’t enough to keep their band together.

Their music really socked me in the gut, with a two-drummer attack and guitar jabs all over the damn place. The singing could get a little Rage Against The Machine-y in places, but it worked. You can get the first track from this split at their still-functioning website, and I’ve posted the other two. Not because I am a freakin’ philanthropist, but because these songs run together so nicely on my turntable.

I see that one of the new projects to spring from their ashes, The Pope, is playing a show at the Knitting Factory LA, June 30th, with Scout Niblett and Afrirampo. That’s gonna be a good one.


Tony
« Home | Next »

Saturday, June 25, 2005 2:05:00 PM

You're gonna love The Pope.    



» Post a Comment