Ol' Onie





:: Onie Wheeler – John's Been Shucking My Corn ::

Sounds like Johnny Cash? Yeah, but maybe Onie earned the right to. He
was on Sun Records in the mid '50s. Played with Elvis and the rest of
'em. Never was terribly successful on his own, but that's ok. He made
a decent run of it. Basically he was a hard working, touring son of a
gun. John's Been Shucking My Corn was probably his biggest hit, and it
came pretty late in his career (1973). He died on stage at the Grand
Ole Opry in '84.


Mike
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Sunday, October 01, 2006 5:31:00 PM

Where can I find a copy of this song or the lyrics?

Thanks    



Monday, October 02, 2006 11:59:00 AM

Give me your email address and I'll send you the mp3.

Mike    



Thursday, April 03, 2008 3:04:00 PM

I'm looking for any Onie Wheeler and I can't find many...would love a copy of this if at all possible
thanks
Linda
lm_sweet@i-zoom.net    



Thursday, October 16, 2008 5:07:00 AM

I have this 45 somewhere at home. I got it in a stack of 45's my mom gave me when I was a kid. I was just telling some guys at work about it cuz we were talking about a guy named Mike Horn. :) I told them whenever I saw him I thought of this song. Great post.    



Monday, November 03, 2008 6:14:00 PM

I have the 45, my grandmother give it to me when I was little. But have nothing to play it on. Cant find a download on it anywhere..    



Wednesday, February 18, 2009 8:31:00 AM

you could send me a file on this track to hottimehere@hotmail.com    



Saturday, July 31, 2010 6:22:00 PM

crazyg63@mikrotec.com send it to me too, please!
Michele    



» Post a Comment