Fair Warning





:: Tony Martin – Look Out, I'm Romantic ::

Tony Martin was well known as a crooner of romantic ballads. So why then
did he feel it was necessary to warn us this time? Don't know, but it was
damn considerate of him.

This song was co-written by the great Vic Mizzy. Among his many
accomplishments are the themes to "The Addams Family", "Green Acres"
and the seminal "The Ghost And Mr. Chicken" (I still get the shivers
during that part where the ghost plays the blood stained organ.
"...and they used Bon Ami!").

Other than that there's not much else to say about this record. Oh
yeah, it was from the MGM musical "Easy To Love" (1953), an Esther
Williams/Busby Berkeley vehicle in which Martin stared as one of
Williams' many love interests. I haven't seen the film, but I'm sure
after he sang this song to her they got along swimmingly. Ok, kill me
now.


Mike
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment