I Am Not A Caloric Gas Stove





:: Jerry Delee – Nixon Is Fixin' (The Peace Of The World) ::

Who the hell was Jerry Delee? I can't find a thing about this guy.
Probably a made up name, after all, who would admit to such an
unabashed love for Richard Nixon? Well, back in the pre-Watergate days
I'm sure a whole lot of people did. Nowadays a record like this is
good for a cheap laugh. File under "isn't it ironic?".

Actually this thing is so corny, I can't help but wonder if it's not
really a Rodd Keith song-poem. It almost seems sarcastic. (Rodd, of
course was responsible for the wonderfully sarcastic "Richard Nixon"
available on The American Song-Poem Anthology. There are some
similarities to be sure.)

It was distributed by Harry Fields Enterprises, and Harry also takes
credit as "arranger". Probably the same Harry Fields who made some
light jazz records in the '60s, as well as an album that was given
away with your new Caloric gas stove entitled, Music For Cooking With
Gas A La Carte (Music That's Rare And Well Done). Good stuff, I'm
sure.

I guess you could say this is a 12" EP. Each side is only about 6
minutes long. I was gonna cut this song down a little, since it starts
getting pretty boring after a while, but I love when it goes back into
the vocal section toward the end. I actually did cut off the pointless
instrumental section at the very end. The B side is an instrumental
loop of the verse section of the song, with Nixon's 1969 inauguration
speech over the top. Riveting.


Mike
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Sunday, September 21, 2008 5:47:00 PM

i have this album if anyone is interested

jose.newkirk@cox.net    



Saturday, March 28, 2009 3:50:00 PM

I also have this album, it is sealed and don't have a clue about it,do you have info that you could share?....Sparty55 (dalees49548@juno.com)    



» Post a Comment