Dring Dring Dring





:: Domenico Modugno - La Sveglietta (The Little Alarm Clock) ::

Domenico Modugno co-wrote and recorded, "Nel Blu, Dipinto di Blu," also known as, "Volare." That song became a huge hit internationally, winning Album and Song of the Year Grammys in 1958. I know the Dean Martin and Bobby Rydell versions with English lyrics, though I can’t say whether I’ve heard the Al Martino version from 1975. I never really paid too much attention to that song.

This EP's four selections from Modugno’s 1958 RCA LP, "Domenico È Sempre Domenico" are short and pretty songs, just his voice and guitar. I think if I had an Italian grandmother, I would have heard this record playing at some point. Modugno adds nice little touches to each song, be it whistling the melody over light guitar strums in "Musetto,” or the ticky-tocky vocals here in "La Sveglietta (The Little Alarm Clock).”


Phil
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment