Smart Ass Punk Rock Kept This Country Great





:: Seapigs - Heroin ::

:: Seapigs - Mob Rules ::

:: Seapigs - Crawdads ::

:: Seapigs - Snailboy ::


Obviously, if you've already looked at the scans of this 7", you know why I bought it. I don't always take a chance on ridiculous punk stuff, but seeing as the Bay Area's shitty punk bands are generally more interesting than most other cities shitty punk bands, this was worth a stab. What you see is what you get, and I am laying the whole of the Dad side of this platter on you. It's the stronger side, and shitfire, it's got the Sabbath cover. You get some variety here.



I vaguely remember Very Small Records, but looking at some of their releases, I don't know why they aren't fresher in my mind. A sampling of acts reveals such luminaries as Schlong, Pounded Clown, Horny Mormons, and Sewer Trout. These are the kind of bands, and in a few cases, the bands, whose names would always make me laugh when I saw their show listings for venues like Berkeley Square in the SF Weekly. I'll tell you one thing, some of the guitar soloing reminds me a bit of Bob Stinson. I wonder where Geezer Butt, Buttmissile and Fag Boat are today, don't you?


Tony
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 1:17:00 AM

Hey Tony - Just so you know the Sea Pigs were from Sacramento (as were Pounded Clown, Horny Mormons, and Sewer Trout) not the Bay Area. Easy to get confused because of the Very Small Records association. For a few years Very Small released a lot of Sacto punk. Discography at http://www.sl.net/%7Ettbooks/moolala/disc.htm    



Wednesday, October 05, 2005 7:39:00 AM

Ahhh, thanks Scott. I had no idea where these bands were really from, but I am guessing I am not supposed to lump Sacramento in with the Bay Area? hahaha. From now on I'll use the phrase Northern California when I am guessing. I don't suppose you have any Sewer Trout?    



Wednesday, October 05, 2005 10:21:00 PM

i think david hayes is on soulseek with his directory full of his Very Small releases. I was very excited to find this...but I couldn't download from him for some reason. shucks. Very Small was one of my favorite labels in High School. Always intersting stuff.    



Sunday, October 09, 2005 11:21:00 PM

Tony - email me ss at s-srecords.com    



Sunday, April 30, 2006 11:36:00 PM

Tony-
The Sea Pigs lived till 97` or so.Dave(fag boat)went on to the Colonels and i(geezer butt)played in the Lizards and Mike moved to virginia and moved backed to cal sometime later.We reunited to play some shows with Schlong--i dunno xmas 2004.When the band started we lived on a healthly diet of Replacments,Motorhead,Apple Donuts and Cheap beer.Fag Boat was also a Police Officer for the CYA.I also played in the Horny Mormons along with mike the drummer.Sactoe is so inbred.I live in Japan now with my wife and kid selling second hand japanese goods and teachin` engrish.Saturday i ate wild boar and drank beer with some old japanese dudes that wanted to sing old japanese songs.As for the other we don`t keep in touch that much.But Dave would certainly give you a beer for your bob stinson comment.Now i play a found guitar with q-tips for tuning pegs and play drunkly to folks walking by my second hand store as ledzepvietcong..I record tapes and give em` to folks whenever...take care jay email is jonyskin1@yahoo.com    



Saturday, August 13, 2022 2:27:00 AM

bape
jordan 13
supreme
supreme clothing
kd13
jordan 1 high
bathing ape
curry shoes
paul george shoes
irving shoes
   



Friday, December 15, 2023 3:32:00 AM

yeezy boost 350
goyard bags
bape hoodie
golden goose outlet
off-white
supreme clothing
paul george shoes
off white outlet
jordan shoes
supreme clothing
   



» Post a Comment