The Devil Is A Blabbermouth, So Jesus Knocked His Teeth Out





:: David Ingles - Paralyzed ::

Nothing like an unabashedly Christian tune to make me feel somewhat uneasy. Like that time I attended a Baptist church service with an in-law and was invited to step up in front of the congregation and accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and savior. I was like, "Sorry, I'm just not in the mood at the moment. Maybe next time.". Jesus!

Something about the way Christians are so damn cock sure about what they believe. I ain't saying they're wrong, I just don't know how anybody can be so confident about something you can't see or touch. I wish I had such blind faith, because I suppose it would give me peace of mind to know "the answer". Maybe someday I'll subscribe to the church of Jesus, or Buddha or Allah or something, but for now I remain skeptical. I'll probably never know the answers, until I die, and then I'll probably know less than I know now, because I'll be dead.

For now I find perverse joy (and slight unease) in listening to *some* Christian records. Hindu records don't seem to have the same effect on me for some reason. Probably has more to do with nationality than belief system. Paralyzed is very American, so I can relate from that perspective. And a little kid sings on it, so it's cute and therefore even more convincing.



David Ingles (Sr.) tried to make it big as a mainstream (secular) country singer, and was even signed to Capitol Records at one point. That kind of success eluded him, so he became The Lord's messenger and recorded for Dip Records instead, and found that singing Christian music meant that he could wear better suits than your typical shit kickin' country singer of the early '70s. And for that he was no doubt thankful. Clean living has it's advantages. And his apparent ability to paralyze Satan is fairly impressive as well. Oh, I'm sorry, I guess David didn't paralyze Satan. Jesus did. My bad.


Mike
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 1:10:00 PM

It's 30+ yrs. later and Satan's winning.    



Wednesday, January 18, 2006 1:16:00 PM

Also, even if a lion doesn't have teeth it can still kick someone's ass. They have these things called "claws". So comparing Satan to a lion w/o teeth just doesn't work.    



» Post a Comment