More Philly Hardcore





:: Talking Shit ::

:: I Just Wanna Be Friends ::

:: Beer City ::

:: End it All ::

Hawaii-time is over, kids, it’s time for something different – Philly Hardcore! Well, okay, that’s not so different from any other week, huh? Stalin’s Daughter put out this 7-inch, Oktoberfest, on IE Records back in 1988, and I think it was their only release. I listen to it often, and that has a lot to do with Rick Dobrowolski’s vocals. His voice goes all over the place in “End it All,” and dig his mimicking of the girl that doesn’t want you in “I Just Wanna Be Friends.” That’s sort of the way I’ve imagined I’d treat my vocals if, you know, I had the determination to get off my ass and start a band. Dobrowolski went on to book shows for awhile at the Khyber Pass in downtown Philly, and used to serve up “The Special” (shot of Jim Beam & a can of Pabst Blue Ribbon - $3) at Bob & Barbara’s Lounge, the best hole in the wall in the world, located at 15th & South streets. He’s now co-owner of Tritone, a nightspot just across the street from Bob & Barb’s.


Phill
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment