The Ten Commandments of Drinking (Amen)





:: Drinking Saved My Life ::

:: Drinkin' in the Men's Room ::

:: (When They Have Their Way There'll Be) Hell to Pay ::

:: Thunderbird.mp3 ::


I’ve been in a vile and disgusting mood for most of the week. In my pathetic little world, the solution to that problem usually involves cranking Black Sabbath and consuming lots of tasty alcoholic beverages. But drinking at night in the middle of the week will interfere with my ability to get to work the following day, and well, that’s happened too often of late. So I’m making a concerted effort to wait until Friday for my first taste and, Jesus Christ, it’s taking forever to get there this week, isn’t it?



To aid and comfort me, I’ve turned to Alcoholics Unanimous. The Ten Commandments of Drinking EP, released on gold vinyl in 1990 on Brilliancy Prize Records, features four songs about drinking from these lovable winos, as well as a copy of their Ten Commandments. “Drinking Saved My Life” is the real winner here, produced by recently deceased Poison Idea guitarist, Pig Champion. There’s a special dedication inside to “Del Shannon, the aging rock’n’roller who blew his head off on February 9, 1990, just six days before this record was released. The tragic truth is that “Dead Del” had given up the bottle in 1976. What a shame he couldn’t hear this record, it could have saved his life.” Ha! Is it Friday, yet?


Phil
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Friday, December 15, 2023 3:36:00 AM

hermes birkin
jordan travis scott
jordan 4
jordan outlet
jordan shoes
yeezy
yeezy 500
palm angels outlet
bape official
golden goose outlet
   



» Post a Comment