This One's Got Sole





:: Gunnar Wiklund - Du Bist Schön Wie Der Sonnenschein ::

It is truly a momentous time in Record Robot history. Maybe all of Internet history. I believe I am the first person to ever put up an mp3 of a song from a one-sided flexi-disc advertising lady shoes. In German. Sung by a Norwegian Swede.

Of course if my knowledge of German wasn't restricted to a few foul phrases and how to say Echo & The Bunnymen, I'd have put this up much, much earlier.

So, here's the deal. The song is about how you, the woman and potential shoe buyer, are beautiful like the sunshine. And how you should pick up some chic, comfy, attractive shoes made by Servas. You know you can't resist. It's Gunnar Wiklund, an evidently-at-some-point-famous guy, melting your heart with his velvet pipes and prying open your pocketbook with his dulcet intonations. The narrator's voice ain't bad either. Just look down at those tired old things you've been wearing. I bet you are getting callouses, and when you take them off it smells like pimento loaf. You deserve an upgrade, fraulein.

I am sure this record is a lot funnier if you understand German, but I'm content to chuckle when he sings "Du du" at the beginning of the hook. Auf Wiedersehen!


Töny
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 5:54:00 AM

Damn, the link ain't working...    



Tuesday, May 02, 2006 6:46:00 AM

Hmmm. It worked for me last night at home, and I just checked now from work and it's playing. Try again?    



Tuesday, May 02, 2006 6:56:00 AM

this is what I get...

The page you tried to access does not exist on this server. This page may not exist due to the following reasons:

You are the owner of this web site and you have not uploaded (or incorrectly uploaded) your web site. For information on uploading your web site using FTP client software or web design software, click here for FTP Upload Information.

The URL that you have entered in your browser is incorrect. Please re-enter the URL and try again.

The Link that you clicked on incorrectly points to this page. Please contact the owner of this web site to inform them of this situation.    



Tuesday, May 02, 2006 7:07:00 AM

I figured it out. Evidently if you use Mozilla or Safari, the browser has trouble parsing a url that contains a German character like ö. Who'd have thought IE would be the hipper browser in this case? Anyway, should be good to go now.    



Tuesday, May 02, 2006 7:16:00 AM

you are correct, sir. I'm downloading it now to play on the radio today. Thanks for fixing the link for me. I greatly appreciate it....    



Tuesday, May 02, 2006 11:37:00 AM

just played it...    



Saturday, May 06, 2006 11:04:00 AM

Hi! Gunnar Wiklund was a big Swedish artist:) Many Swedish artists managed to expand their market (to Germany) during the 50s and 60s by doing songs in German. Before and after that too.    



Saturday, May 06, 2006 11:09:00 AM

Great stuff by the way :)    



Saturday, May 06, 2006 11:14:00 AM

Thanks to those who sent me corrections about Gunnar's country of origin. It seemed like all the pages I could find were in Norwegian, so I guessed that way. My Swedish great-great grandparents would not approve of my error. I'll be looking out for more of his stuff, and also correcting my dang post. Cheers.    



Sunday, May 07, 2006 3:08:00 PM

:D
http://martinklasch.blogspot.com/2006/05/music-gunnar-wiklund-goes-german.html    



Monday, May 08, 2006 6:56:00 AM

Hey, cool! Thanks for the linkup and the write up.    



Monday, June 05, 2006 2:54:00 AM

The Lyrics in english for those interested people out there:

The Servas-Shoe-Freak (from the servas-shoe-factory):
Good Day Dear Servas-Folk-Friends.
Isn't it nice, dear miss and also dear misses, if someone says to you: "You are as nice as the sunshine."? Especially if its Gunnar Viklund. The svedish star, brought to germany by the servas shoe factory. The servas shoe factory an also me wish you pleasure.

Gunnar Vikland:
You, you, you are as nice as the sunshine.
You, you, only you should be my sunshine.
You, you give me love and tenderness.
Say, have you time for me

servas freak:
And time to buy servas-shoes

Gunnar Vikland:
I will always carry you on my hands (don't know how to translate this correctly).
And you should never say, that love fades away.
You, you, you are as nice as the sunshine.
You, you, only you should be my sunshine.
Be my little sunshine. When will you finally be mine.

servas-freak:
Beautyness comes from the inside. This is undoubtfully right. But fashionable attributes may make it apparitional.
For example - servas shoes.
Fashionable, chic, classy, attractive, and exactly made to complete an attractive appereance.
servas shoes, please don't forget

Gunnar:
On hands, I will always carry you.
And you should never say, that love fades away.
You, you, you are as nice as the sunshine.
You, you, only you should be my sunshine.
Be my little sunshine. When will you finally be mine.

Servas-freak:
well, that's all for now.
Gunna Viklund sung "You are as nice as teh sunshine."
The servas shoe factory, which dedicated this song to you, says good bye to you.
And as I said, don't forget the next time you are buying shoes: servas shoes, fashionable, classy, of international chic.    



Saturday, July 29, 2006 5:39:00 AM

Wonderful Gunnar Wiklund
Here is where you can get his real hits. There were a great many!
http://www.skivhugget.com/qsearch.php?type=0&text=Gunnar%20Wiklund&stock=-1

He was (1935-1989) Sweden's answer to Perry Como, Jim Reeves, Bing Crosby and Andy Williams.
His biggest number 1 was 'Mest av allt' The Swedish version of I Love You Because' (Jim Reeves) which spent 12 weeks at the top.    



» Post a Comment