Mike's Mike Post Post





:: The A-Team ::

:: Beat It ::

:: Footloose ::

I'm no TV fan, generally speaking. Jesus knows, I'm too busy listening to records and writing Robot articles to keep up with Lost or American Idol. I watched a lot of TV when I was a kid, but that was in the '60s, and by the time I was about 13 I seemed to loose interest, probably because I discovered Grand Funk or something along those lines. So no, I never watched Hill Street Blues, Magnum P.I., Hunter, The Rockford Files (well ok, I saw it a few times because my Dad always watched cop shows), L.A. Law or The God Damned A-Team, which means I'm not all that familiar with Mike Post.

Being a child of '60s television, I grew up loving certain TV themes. Stuff like Mission Impossible, Mannix (Lalo Schifrin - fuck yeah!), Bonanza, Get Smart, F Troop, Peter Gunn, Outer Limits, I Spy, Andy Williams Show, The Andy Griffith Show, Green Acres, Addams Family (Vic Mizzy - fuck yeah!), Dragnet, Perry Mason, Highway Patrol... need I go on? Because I can go on and on. Part of the reason I checked out of the TV scene in the '70s was because production values went south and the art of the theme song seemed to vanish into thin air. Gone were the memorable melodies you'd look forward to hearing every week and in their place were meandering, seemingly pointless ditties that stuck with you like weenies on Teflon. Well, except for Three's Company, of course.

So here we are in the '80s and Mike Post is an Emmy winning phenomenon and I don't get it, nor do I give a shit. But I figure 20 some odd years later, some of this stuff might sound pretty funny, especially when Mikey does his instrumental take on some of the pop hits of the day. Yep, pretty funny alrighty. Excuse me while I go shoot myself in the head. This is the end of Mike's post.


Mike's Ghost
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 10:46:00 PM

The A-Team rules, Mike Post rules, and you suck Mr. T's dick. Eat it, hippie! EAT IT!    



Tuesday, June 20, 2006 8:29:00 AM

Too many drugs? what about the LAST twenty years? Law & Order? NYPD Blue? Special Victims Unit? Criminal Intent? Idiot.    



Tuesday, June 20, 2006 11:14:00 AM

You guys are funny. I don't even know what that last comment was about. Please don't turn our comments section into the TV nerd battleground, there are numerous forums for that already.    



Wednesday, July 03, 2019 11:02:00 PM

huaraches
yeezy boost 350
michael kors outlet
nike air max
supreme clothing
nike epic react
moncler
curry 5
curry shoes
supreme clothing
   



» Post a Comment