Burning Ear Hairs





:: Burning Circuits ::

Wow. Talk about something ending up being a lot less cool than its cover art. When I was a kid, I always remember seeing pulp novels like John Carter of Mars or Doc Savage, Man of Bronze, and inevitably any time I'd pick one up, the dramatic and vivid artwork on the outside would kick the ass of the story contained within. This is much like this, except it's not even as cool as that.

Michael Urbaniak did some jazz, jazz fusion, and as he was "always looking to the future" as the liner notes here say, was very interested in making electronic music. He was an excellent violinist, as well. Why then would he make rigidly funky electronic music that sounds like Herbie Hancock's "Rock-It" sodomizing "She Blinded Me With Science" on Falco's Persian rug? I have no idea, but if there was ever breakdancing music for nerds, this would be it. I've spared you the long version, which is over six minutes long. I know by typing that last sentence that in approximately 6-10 months, someone will stumble across this post and request not only that I put the short version back up, but that I also post the long version. Does. Not. Compute.


Tony
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Friday, November 10, 2006 4:52:00 PM

Huh?! Let me get this straight - would you prefer lite-jazz fuzak over this classic example of breakdance electro? Are you my DAD or sumthin? Dude, this makes me wanna get out the cardboard and start spinning, so I'll leave you to crank up "The Wave" on yer radio. And yes, we DO want the long version!    



Friday, November 10, 2006 7:03:00 PM

Well, I would post the long version, but I really need to go out and pick up the new Wayman Tisdale CD.    



Thursday, November 16, 2006 2:31:00 PM

Power Forward!    



Monday, May 18, 2009 11:54:00 AM

Hello, can you re-up this record? I can't find it anywhere to listen to.......    



» Post a Comment