Discpan Hands: You're Soaking In It





:: She Males - Love Crawl ::

:: Pagan Babies - Dirty Knees/F.Y.I.P. ::

:: The Balls - Niner Thousand ::

:: Tons of Nuns - What's It Gonna Be ::

Discpan Hands was an LP compilation of Philadelphia area bands put out by Rave Records back in 1987 in a pressing of 1000. Tony and I saw a used copy of it a few months ago in a record store in Tucson, AZ, and I highly recommended it to him, but he elected to get a Minnesota-region compilation instead. Something to do with it having some rarity by a band called “The Replacements.” Some people, go figure.

The tracks on this record were provided by a good chunk of Philly’s hardcore scene at the time, though I guess a few of the tracks could be classified as pop – the one by The Balls kicks my ass every time. Two Pagan Babies songs appear here that would show up as different versions on their debut LP, Next, the following year. Look for Pagan Babies’ output to be released on cd at some point in the near future.


Phil
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Thursday, February 01, 2007 7:34:00 AM

I lived in Philly when these bands reigned supreme. I saw these bands over and over. I miss them. I wish I had this album. Thanks for aknowledging them here and adding the music samples.    



» Post a Comment