Not Hawking Shoes





:: Tusen Och En Natt ::

A while back, I put up a flexi by Gunnar Wiklund where he sang in German about how you should buy certain ladies' shoes. I think I misidentified him as being Norwegian, so along with corrections about that, I received some comments that I really should hear his other stuff. So I've kept an eye out for his stuff, and just recently came across this -- a 1966 single in his native Swedish. I've been listening to a lot of Bob Hund and Totalt Jävla Mörker, bands that sing in the same native tongue and who I am sure were heavily influenced by Gunnar, so this is a natural choice for me right now.

I was going to put up the whole 45, but frankly this record isn't in nearly as good a shape as the cover is. So you get the one track that played relatively nicely, a slightly overmoody reading of "Strangers In The Night." He's smoother than a lutefisk milkshake, and when you are that smooth, you get your own plane. Check it.


Tony
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Monday, November 13, 2006 5:26:00 PM

A lutfisk milkshake!!That would be smooth and slimy! :-P    



Monday, November 13, 2006 11:10:00 PM

Nice - a swedish song. Here's another odd thing. Anni-Frid (of ABBA) sings Bowie's Life On Mars. Kinky record-cover to :)

See the link:

http://fasterhorsesyoungerwomenolderwiskey.blogspot.com/2006/11/anni-frid-lyngstad-liv-p-mars.html    



Tuesday, November 14, 2006 5:41:00 AM

Ah, nice -- Trags will want to hear that, thanks!    



Tuesday, November 14, 2006 12:34:00 PM

Oh yes - good stuff!    



» Post a Comment