Dog Ziggity





:: Hot Diggity ::

:: The Man With The Golden Arm ::

Having recently been borderline obsessed with Perry Como's pop nugget "Hot Diggity," I was happy to find this in my pile of recent purchases. Sometimes my record buying isn't so different from a drinking binge, and I don't piece together what I actually did until much later.

No idea who Vic Corwin and his Orchestra were, nor do I have any clue who Jack Richards, the vocalist on Hot Diggity, was. I don't even know what year this came out, but I am guessing the early 50's. This Hot Diggity is pretty damn close to the original, but delivered at a little more leisurely pace. The version of The Man With The Golden Arm on the flip side is cold jazz swingin'. Perfect music to send you careening into your weekend, where you might do as I do if I'm lucky -- binge drink and record shop.


Tony
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Friday, December 08, 2006 9:11:00 AM

Ha ha, I have a bunch of 45s on the Broadway label (including this one, probly). They're ALL like this - unknowns doing sound-alike versions of hits. Why would you want this version of "Man with the Golden Arm" when Elmer Bernstein's original is such a classic? Because Broadway was probably a "budget" label - unneccesary remakes, but they pass the savings on to you!    



Friday, December 08, 2006 9:31:00 AM

Perry Como hit #1 on May 5, 1956 with this song. Where I have never seen the 'Broadway' label until right now, I once owned another Perry cuvver that was by Jack Daniels on Gateway. I wonder if this is the same singer?

..... bbb    



Saturday, December 09, 2006 2:57:00 AM

Thanks for this post. It's not dissimilar to a version I have by the Stargazers from Britain in the 50s (Decca Records)...&, on balance, I prefer their cover for it's slightly kookier Britness.
Let me know if you want the soundfile (192 kbs) via e-mail.    



Saturday, December 09, 2006 4:30:00 AM

I'd love to hear that, thanks. Send it along to recordrobot (at) gmail.com    



Sunday, July 15, 2012 9:25:00 PM

I OWN A COPY OF "JACK RICHARDS AND HIS ORCHESTRA" DOING "ROCK AROUND THE CLOCK" & IT'S A 78 ON BROADWAY RECORDS WITH "A BLOSSEM FELL" ON THE OTHER SIDE WHICH WAS A LATER HIT BY "NAT KING COLE"!! IS THIS BILL HALEY BEFORE HIS NAME CHANGE & THE COMETS???    



» Post a Comment