Merry Friggin' Xmas





:: Santa Claus Go Straight To The Ghetto ::

When I first held this in my mitts, debating whether it really was worth 50ยข or not, I thought that it might be a Bon Jovi fan club Christmas 7". But no, it was a one-sider by some band called Frigg A Go-Go from 1999. Seeing that it was on Scooch Pooch, a label I was a little bit familiar with, I deemed it worthy of a half-dollar.

This is a grimy reworking of the James Brown holiday number, done with whiteboy jukejoint aplomb. The Friggs are from Louisiana and still exist. Go support them, they probably would love the support. There's also a xmas comp on Double Crown Records that's supposed to contain this song, along with what I am sure is lots more dirty, garagey holiday tunes to fill your smoky den of iniquity.


Tony
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 7:04:00 PM

Thanks for the "Santa Claus Go Straight To The Ghetto". I never knew James Brown could be covered so cracker.    



» Post a Comment