Actually, Moog Rhymes With Vogue





:: The Plastic Cow ::

Keyboardist Mike Melvoin's handiwork is all over the musical landscape of the past 40 or so years. He's played on countless thangs, from sessions with jazz heavies to Pet Sounds, composed film and TV music, supplied the world with Wendy of Wendy and Lisa, and even played the Moog on what is supposed to be its first appearance on wax, Zodiac: Cosmic Sounds

So that he did a Moog album isn't surprising, especially since he was in such high demand at the time the Moog was a crazy new thing. Enter the Plastic Cow. Rather than regurgitating the liner notes myself, I'll just direct you here, to the always fine 317x.com, for a transcript.

You know what to expect here - thick, peanut-buttery blurps, interesting arrangements, and sometimes whimsical sounds, often over funky drumming, covering a grab bag of pop hits. There are two originals -- The Plastic Cow and One Man, One Volt (ha). This one isn't as much fun for me as some of the other Moog things I've been picking up, but it certainly has its moments. Sunshine Of My Love is as inappropriate as you'd expect, as is Born To Be Wild. Here's all of it.


Tony
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Monday, April 30, 2007 2:37:00 PM

The link don't work. Can you fix it? Please?
Bzpt.

[Bzpt @ Improvisie]    



Monday, April 30, 2007 2:37:00 PM

http://bzptczve.wordpress.com/    



Monday, April 30, 2007 5:26:00 PM

Hey, just shoot me an email (check the right side of the front page) and I'll see if I can sort you out.    



Friday, November 30, 2007 8:29:00 AM

Where can I find the link to the plastic cow? thx    



» Post a Comment