The Inevitable Murphy's Law Post





:: Quest for Herb ::

:: Bong ::

In a search for some happy fun party tunes to aid in my recovery from the Eagles loss to the Saints on Saturday night, I pulled out this Murphy’s Law record and immersed myself in lyrical masterpieces concerning beer, weed, and panty raids. Though I don’t think I’ve listened to this record in about 15 years, I surprised myself by being able to sing along perfectly to all the lyrics from “Quest for Herb.” It’s funny how a brain that can’t remember what it had for dinner last night can manage to scrounge up certain things.

1989’s Back with a Bong! is the NYC party punkers’ third album, their second on Profile Records, a rap label with Run DMC and DJ Quik on their roster. With this album, vocalist Jimmy Gestapo put together a different line-up and infused brass and ska into the fast-paced, hardcore thrash that was found on the previous, self-titled LP from 1986. The result is a fun bunch of tunes that can have you alternately moshing and skanking between bong hits.


Phil
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment