Can You Take Two Pianists At Once?





:: I'll Never Say Goodbye, Theme From The Universal Picture The Promise ::

:: Home Again ::

:: Ski Fever ::

My fascination with Ferrante & Teicher albums is probably something I shouldn't be announcing to the world, but maybe it just shows how damn macho I am to feel so free in doing so. Or maybe there's a dormant Wayland Flowers & Madame just waiting to fly out of me faster than a Paul Lynde center square one-liner. Whatever; their albums always cost about a dollar (so owning them all would cost about $300...), and I always look forward to the one or two originals that always pepper their post-sixties releases.



This could be the schmaltziest, wimpiest selection of covers they possibly could have laced together, and that's saying something. I wouldn't have subjected you to any of the sugary romantic 70's movie themes, except for the fact that the cymbal work during the brief uptempo portion of "I'll Never Say Goodbye" sounds like two hissing hairdressers having a scissor fight, and must be heard by others, lest I go insane. I've also posted the two originals from these intrepid tinklers, including the frenetic little number that seduced me into buying this with its title, "Ski Fever," which may as well have been entitled "Chasing Each Other Around The House Playing Grab-Ass Dressed Only In Towels Fever." Yes, it's that good.


Tony
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Friday, February 02, 2007 6:33:00 PM

Tony,

Ummm. Yes. I listened, so you wouldn't have to go insane. Too late for me, now. The tinkle is in my ears, and it won't let go! Schroeder, from the Peanut's gang, had a better piano than the ones I heard on these pieces, and with far fewer keys to abuse!    



» Post a Comment