You Might See A Horse Race In The Moonlight





:: JKD ::

:: Parting/Ballad Of Bruce Lee ::

:: Sometimes ::

:: Pointing Finger ::

:: Let's Go For A Walk ::

:: This Boy ::

:: Sittin Around ::

:: We've Got A Lot Of World To See ::

:: This Is The Good Time ::

What did I get you for Valentines Day, my pretties? Perhaps some hot romantic grooves to get you in the mood for some tongue fu? Of course fucking not. Instead, please enjoy a 1975 album by the younger brother of martial arts legend Bruce Lee. Parts of this album are heartfelt tributes to the Little Dragon and his martial arts discipline, JKD ("The art of the intercepting fist"), parts are borderline boogie rock. And there's the obligatory Beatles cover (This Boy.) My favorite track is probably Pointing Finger; it's got a killer music box intro that I would totally sample if I were a rapper, and some hot kung flute pipin'. The spidery acoustic guitar intro that connects Parting, a poem Bruce left behind, with the Ballad of Bruce Lee is so Lindsey Buckingham that it almost made me do coke off an old silk scarf.

All in all, this is a pretty interesting little album. They had two sealed copies of this at Record Surplus, I have to wonder who ended up with the other one. Happy JKDVD!


Tony
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 11:00:00 AM

cool find! thanks.    



Sunday, July 27, 2008 9:16:00 AM

I downloaded these songs from your site last year and put them on my MP3 player. I could have sworn I put them on a CD too. Now the CD has been lost and the MP3 player broke. The links on your site no longer work. Is there any way I can get these from you again? Thanks!!    



Wednesday, July 20, 2011 10:48:00 AM

Been looking for this album, any chance of a re-up? Thanks.    



Wednesday, July 20, 2011 3:31:00 PM

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3867170/Robert%20Lee.zip    



Thursday, July 21, 2011 12:22:00 PM

Awesome, thanks. This album is great.    



Friday, February 16, 2018 8:53:00 PM

How about, a great album, only I have not found all the songs. Can you share it?
Thank you    



Saturday, August 13, 2022 2:21:00 AM

hermes belt
curry 8
adidas yeezy
kobe shoes
cheap jordans
supreme clothing
yeezy shoes
kyrie 6 shoes
jordan shoes
hermes birkin
   



Friday, December 15, 2023 3:26:00 AM

supreme official
jordan outlet
hermes belt
supreme clothing
goyard bag
steph curry shoes
goyard tote bag
bape clothing
jordan travis scott
off-white
   



» Post a Comment