Grooving With Chang Siao Ying





:: Colored Clouds Float ::

:: Loneliness Of Love ::

:: Unspoken Words In Thousands ::

:: When Will You Come Again? ::

:: How Can I Ever Leave You? ::

:: I Love Tonight ::

:: Unforgettable Dream ::

:: Love In The Midst Of Wind And Rain ::

:: Where To Find My Beloved ::

:: Cannot Forget You ::

:: White Clouds Floating To Who? ::

:: Why Cry? ::

:: I Need To Be Comforted ::

:: Beautiful Wine Added With Coffee ::

Another stab-in-the-dark and hope-it's-great Asian record purchase, except this time I could at least see the artist's name. Luckily I was able to track down someone with a small Chang Siao Ying fansite who gave me some good info, and translations of the track names. So first off I need to thank Peter for his help; couldn't have done it (properly) without him.

This compilation is (most likely) from the late 70's, with our chanteuse backed on most or all of the tracks by The Travellers, a 4-piece in the vein of my personal faves The Stylers. There's a comp of 60's and 70's Asian pop that I'll be wanting to check into at some point called Asian Takeaways, and if anyone out there has heard Chang Siao Ying before, chances are it was on this comp. Anyway, it's groovy Oriental pop sung in Mandarin, and I am sharing it all, but you'll notice the openers from each side have some noise issues. [rumpled muppet face]

Some of these songs are from a movie called Colored Clouds Float; the one titled thusly, and also Unspoken Words In Thousands and How Can I Ever Leave You?, and were originally sung by Teresa Tang. Sit back and get exotic, baby.


Tony
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 9:52:00 AM

Intriguing record. Many thanks!    



Wednesday, March 28, 2007 12:22:00 PM

Sweet! I love every track. Thanks Tony!    



Wednesday, March 28, 2007 1:17:00 PM

Supe cool thanks!!!    



Wednesday, March 28, 2007 2:02:00 PM

delicious stuff!    



Wednesday, March 28, 2007 8:07:00 PM

Very lovely songs.
Keep them coming. Thanks Tony.    



Thursday, March 29, 2007 11:02:00 AM

Thank you for make me know it this exciting lady
of the far orient.    



Tuesday, April 03, 2007 1:36:00 AM

Hey Tony

I really feel honored to be part of your online collection for my fave Miss Chang Siao Ying. I am quite dumb when it comes to such IT service. I will try to down load some of her fame songs then forward to you. But great stuff, keep it up, Tony.

Peter    



Friday, April 06, 2007 10:48:00 AM

i love every song. i'm glad i found your blog. it's so interesting. i love music in every kind so it's mine of knowledge for me. thanks!    



Wednesday, November 26, 2008 8:44:00 AM

all of those link don't working. maybe somebody could upload it once again?
thanks :D    



Thursday, May 14, 2009 6:19:00 AM

Hello,

Links are still not working. Can anyone help??

Thx a lot!    



Saturday, August 13, 2022 3:04:00 AM

supreme clothing
kobe byrant shoes
pg shoes
hermes
goyard bags
   



» Post a Comment