Port Authority Redocks





:: Ride Captain Ride ::

:: Money, Honey ::

:: She's Out Of My Life ::

:: I'm Coming Home ::

:: Twilight Zone ::

:: Wild Turkey ::

:: Reflections ::

I don't have many regrets about stuff here on the Robot. Sure, sometimes the word-makin'-machine in my skull isn't firing on all cylinders, and I churn out a couple of uninspired paragraphs that I later wish I'd spent more time on. And yeah, sometimes I put up some stuff I know almost no one but me finds interesting or amusing. But one thing I truly regret not doing is putting up the entire Port Authority album. Here's my penance.

So screw "Don't Ask, Don't Tell," let your ears set sail on a course they've surely never traversed. Then perhaps ask yourself why people who defend our country with big ships and guns might like, let alone cover, an effete Manhattan Transfer tune. I should mention that I was having some issues recording the final track, Reflections, and I had to listen to it three times in a row. So by the time you read this, I will be dead.


Tony
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Monday, March 12, 2007 8:54:00 AM

Military bands like this are generally incredibly tight - hey, they practice 8hrs a day, so they should be. Fun post - thanks.    



Monday, March 12, 2007 9:04:00 AM

You think so? So these guys weren't supposed to kill anyone, they just jammed? Because they kill me every time I listen to this. It's not healthy how much enjoyment I get from this album.    



Monday, March 12, 2007 1:14:00 PM

I opened up a private forum at http://z6.invisionfree.com/Too_marvelous/ where we all can exchange rare vocal lp rips and talk about the love of music that we all have in common.    



Monday, March 12, 2007 2:14:00 PM

Tony, never have any regrets regarding the posts on Record Robot.

The posts are never anything short of a much needed jolt, and the writing and research is always as tight and concise as any visitor such as myself deserves. If ever there seems a dearth of comments, then what the fuck, it generally means we've been caught blindsided only to return a few days later.
Who said digging against the grain was ever going to be easy ?

Record Robot is one of those sites i would sorely miss if it ever were to go AWOL, and i just want all connected with it to know it definitely IS thoroghly appreciated.    



Monday, March 12, 2007 2:24:00 PM

Well, thanks. I was mostly just looking for a way to start off my article, but it's good to hear the feedback. I know people are reading, because I am watching all of you, but it's always good to know people are enjoying things here and there.

cheers!    



Wednesday, March 14, 2007 7:01:00 PM

I loved what you had to say about this record when you originally posted it. The downloads did not disappoint. Now that you've said your five Hail Marys, how about the rest of that USAF record you gave us a taste of (that was you, right? ["Production Music"]).
Please keep on posting. I love this place.    



Friday, March 16, 2007 10:57:00 AM

I love this record - thanks so much for sharing it!    



Friday, March 16, 2007 3:10:00 PM

Oops. That USAF track was from
http://www.ubu.com/outsiders/365/03-1.html    



» Post a Comment