Not That There's Anything Wrong With That





:: Lesbian Seagull ::

One criteria I use in selecting a record album is a quick look at the song titles. This gives a clue about the quality of the songwriting, and depending on how good or bad the song titles are, I might just decide to take a chance on it. Other times, doing the song title scan can pay dividends when you find something you've been looking for, or maybe just a song you've heard about but haven't yet heard. I don't know that I would have picked up Gay Name Game by Tom Wilson if it didn't have a song called Lesbian Seagull on it.

We all remember when Mr. Van Driessen was mauled by a bear during a campfire rendition of the song in Beavis and Butthead Do America, and of course Engelbert Humperdinck's take of the song during the closing credits. I never knew anything about the origins of the song. If anything I probably assumed it was written for the movie, but here it is as sung by its author in 1979. Good stuff.


Mike
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Monday, April 30, 2007 12:12:00 PM

You'll find an entry about the song at Wikipedia that states that the songwriter "wrote Lesbian Seagull in response to a government study of long term monogamous lesbian behavior in seagulls."    



Monday, April 30, 2007 7:31:00 PM

Is the rest of the record as good as this? Oh, please tell me it is.    



Tuesday, May 01, 2007 3:44:00 AM

My ex had this record and played it a lot. Some of it's awful in that dour folksinger way, but parts are quite charming and touching. I'd love to find the whole album again for old time's sake.    



Tuesday, May 01, 2007 9:43:00 AM

"caw...caw...caw..."

priceless.    



Tuesday, May 08, 2007 8:48:00 AM

I had no idea... the Beavis & Butthead gag always got me laughing, and has become a favorite of my 12 year old son... but I never dreamed that there was an 'original'! Simply brilliant.    



Saturday, March 28, 2020 5:36:00 AM

Update new news everyday, including sports news, popular news around the world, click now >> ดูดวง | News    



Saturday, August 29, 2020 2:58:00 AM

WOW! I Love it...
and i thing thats good for you >>


GOOD HOW TO Thank you!    



» Post a Comment