And I'm Off To The Rodeo





:: Redneck Disco ::

:: The Rodeo Song ::

Well, I've found what would have been my favorite song when I was 10 years old. The Rodeo Song. Please listen to it and let your inner child run free. The one who read MAD, bought Garbage Pail Kids cards, and the one who if he (or she, if you are a cool chick) heard a fart in conjunction with any other action, would be overcome by a nearly fatal laughing attack. Interestingly enough, as you can see, the cover of this album contains a sticker that pretty much guarantees any kid who saw this had to hear the song, simply by declaring it's "recommended for ADULT audiences only." I still remember my friend Dan, when we were about 11 or 12, insisting we listen to this Yoko Ono album where she goes off on some insane tangent and it sounds like she's having an orgasm. We laughed our asses off, and I am not even sure if we knew why.

So, Showdown were a country band from Alberta, Canada. This album is not very good. It's quite possibly the most polite and restrained country recording I've ever heard. But the Redneck Disco song is kind of interesting, and appears to have been written by old rocker Lee Dresser, whose CD cover art must be seen if you like funny photoshop cover art. Anyway, that rodeo song has SWEARING on it!!


Tony
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Thursday, May 10, 2007 11:46:00 PM

Wow, thanks for clearing up a mystery. I downloaded this song a while ago, but someone had marked it as a Stompin' Tom Connors song. I was pretty sure that wasn't right... and now I know! Cheers.    



Friday, May 11, 2007 1:25:00 PM

The Rodeo Song was a staple on the Dr. Demento show for years, albeit in a bleeped version that was actually funnier than the unexpurgated one!    



Friday, May 11, 2007 1:40:00 PM

That reminds me, I have a song where the beeps that cover up the swear word in the chorus make the song completely hilarious to me. I'll try to locate that and put it up soon.    



Friday, September 28, 2007 8:18:00 PM

I haven't heard this tune in years (and I'm Canadian). However, the link don't work. :(    



Tuesday, March 01, 2011 8:09:00 AM

Too bad the links no longer work...not sure if anyone even maintains this anymore...oh well    



Saturday, August 13, 2022 2:22:00 AM

goyard bags
jordan 4
supreme
off white clothing
yeezy
moncler outlet
off white
kd 12
hermes outlet
yeezy 700
   



» Post a Comment