It's All In The Stars





:: In Tribute To Stevie Wonder ::

It was only a matter of time before a Stars on 45 disc made its appearance here. I won this at the neighborhood carnival when I was 8 years old by throwing darts at a balloon. Underneath the balloons were tags that described your prize, and lucky me, I got a tag for this single. That night, my dart chucking victories also had me going home a proud owner of a "Believe it or Not (The Greatest American Hero Theme)ā€ 45 and a Loverboy rock ā€˜nā€™ roll mirror. I played the grooves out of that theme-song single while wishing that aliens would bring me my own super hero suit, and the mirror got chucked in the trash, but this disco disc survived immaculately under a protective coating of dust so that I could someday bring it to your fortunate ears.


Phil
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Thursday, June 07, 2007 11:02:00 AM

I was in Las Vegas last week and, not realizing I'd be renting a Dodge Caliber with nifty AUX jack in the stereo, I left my MP3 & XM connections at home. The Jack station was the most friendly place for music and I nearly drove into the Aaron Kwok billboard on Sahara by I-15 when they started playing the Stars on 45 Beatles medley.

One can brace themselves for running into oversized black comedian George Wallace at the Sahara or hitting a miracle $50 double-down winner much better than one can prepare to hear Stars on 45 on the radio in 2007....    



Thursday, June 07, 2007 12:09:00 PM

Jack in LA should be so eclectic.

Mike    



» Post a Comment