Y'know You're Looking Really Right





:: Romance ::

Blogger ate my homework.

I don't know how many of you use Blogger, or have blogs, but now that Google has merged/acquired/annexed/absorbed Blogger, they've been doing the typical Google thing and adding constant bells, whistles, and helpful features. One of these is an auto-save feature that I thought was pretty neat until last night. Even though I manually saved my article (out of habit,) and saw the reassuring "autosaved" message a few times while I was typing my piece up, it evidently lost the entire body of my article at some point. What's odd is that it managed to save the title and date (which I set ahead to reflect the morning the article is to go up.) So yes, I am whining, gnashing my teeth, and venting. I guess I would just like to remind folks out there who are doing web-based publishing, particularly those who use Blogger, to be careful and maybe copy your work every once in a while (see, by typing that, I just reminded myself to do that), especially if you are using your free time and aren't getting paid. And now, a slightly smaller and less inspired reconstruction of what I had already written last night.

Singles are meant for radio play. Promo singles are specifically sent out with the hope of getting some radio play. So why would you send out a single with a word or words you can't play on the radio? Well, I don't know. The solution here was to simply beep out the word.

I am sure that if I hadn't accidentally played the edited version side of this single, I'd have quickly forgotten about the song. It's a lazy, breezy marimba-laced Margarita of a tune, with the salt on the rim being the one swear word in the chorus. Now, because Googling "The Cats" and trying to find something specific is not a fun exercise, I know very little about them. They definitely put out albums. I don't know the extent of Jules Shear's involvement, but I am guessing writing the song was about it. This tune was produced and arranged by the man who scored the classic early 80's era Burt Reynolds films Stroker Ace, Sharky's Machine, and both Cannonball Run films. But who cares, really? That's not why this song is up here. It's because of the excessively high-pitched and awkward beep in the chorus that still makes me giggle increduously every time I hear this song.



Tony
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Friday, May 25, 2007 4:31:00 PM

Any chance you're ever going to complete that Tommy Vig album from April? I totally dug it and would like the whole shebang.

That's right, the whole shebang.

Thanks for everything (I mean it).    



Friday, May 25, 2007 4:37:00 PM

Ah yes, the Tommy Vig. Well, it's a long weekend. If I can stay sober enough, I'll try to get to it. Cheers.    



Saturday, May 26, 2007 8:21:00 AM

The Cats was a band from Holland (Volendam), it's better to replace their whole oeuvre by this awesome beep.
Romance: leadvocals: Piet Veerman.    



Saturday, May 26, 2007 9:28:00 AM

"Well, it's a long weekend. If I can stay sober enough, I'll try to get to it."

Thanks, Tony. Have a great Mem Weekend    



» Post a Comment