Hungry Like The...Wolfson?





:: Coat & Tie ::

:: Just For The Moment ::

WHO is Alan Wolfson? Well, I don't know. There's an artist who does kickass mini-sculptures named Alan Wolfson, and there's also a dude with a CD on CDBaby.com with a CD out, of all things. He could be one of, both of, or neither of those Alan Wolfsons.

But let me tell you about my Alan Wolfson. Well, my Alan Wolfson 45. This has long been in my pile of random singles, a pile that I always approach with some apprehension. It's filled with things I can't remember if I've listened to. Hearing this tonight, I don't think I paid this one much attention, because it surely would have gone onto one of my compilations of odd and funny records. It fits right in. I know, I am not telling you much about Alan Wolfson. I'll tell you this -- the a-side's a slightly caffeinated, new wavy popper with a fairly ambitious arrangement. The b-side bores me, and perhaps when I first spun this 7 years ago, that's what I heard and off to The Pile it went. But never again, Alan Wolfson, never again. You're going to be filed in the Already Did These pile, and you, or at least your a-side, have earned a place in my iTunes.


Tony
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 12:41:00 AM

nice pick, Tony, (both sides).. any idea about the year ?


thanks for posting & cheers from Milano!

Michael Vee    



Wednesday, June 27, 2007 6:34:00 AM

Thanks! I don't have it in front of me, but I am pretty sure it's from 1980.    



» Post a Comment