Oh! Dr. Joe





:: The Whole Shebang ::

Bobby Troup wrote Route 66 and starred with his incredible wife, Julie
London on Emergency. I need say no more. I will add that he was a heck
of a good piano player, and he could sing. He had a distinctive
singing style, and that may be why he never became known as a singer,
really.



Let's put it this way, his delivery was a bit odd. You can
hear what I mean. A bit too much of a hipster for his own good? I
don't think so. It would be hard to have lived any larger than Bobby
Troup whether your singing career panned out or not. If you want to
live life like Bobby Troup, you gotta sing like Bobby Troup. It's that
simple.


Mike
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Friday, June 29, 2007 10:01:00 PM

Thanks for this - I had a copy years ago and lost it somewhere. I worked as a gopher on the Emergency set and Mr. Troup was a sweet, wonderful man - I miss him terribly    



Friday, April 17, 2009 12:33:00 AM

Can you re-up this as the link is dead - Thanks!    



» Post a Comment