Jerry's Ids





:: The Rake ::

:: Wild Times ::

:: Don't Think Twice ::

:: Stone and Steel ::

:: Baby Eyes ::

:: Boil the Kettle, Mother ::

:: Butterly Kiss ::

:: Short Circuit ::

:: Just Who ::

:: The Inner Sounds of the id ::

Yet another uncredited lp by the late great session guitarist, Jerry Cole. This one is different though: The id were a full on pop group with vocals and radio ready pop tunes and the whole nine yards. Coming at the beginning of the psychedelic age, the songs reflect the times minus much of the amateurish wankerings of many of their contemporaries, replaced by solid musicianship and tricky time signatures.


I'd been looking for this lp for quite some time. Once I finally found a copy, I was surprised by how much I actually enjoy listening to it. 1967 was such a landmark year in pop music, it's no wonder such a fine lp was overlooked, but come on.


The lp has been reissued on CD (in Germany, I think), so if you look around you can find it. It's been covered ad nauseam on other blogs as well, which gives me pause when it comes to whether or not I should post it, but my version is in full spectrum monophonic sound, and I'll be damned if it doesn't sound delicious too. So that's my excuse.


Mike
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Friday, March 06, 2009 5:58:00 PM

Thank you. I've been a fan of the Id since I was a kid (it was in my older brother's record collection)! The mono album rocks.    



Wednesday, May 20, 2009 1:35:00 PM

I found this (stole it actually) at random in the library of the college station I used to play on in the mid 90's, pretty cool little LP really. "Do the rake baby, do the rake yeah..."    



» Post a Comment